Van John Green tot Stephen Chbosky
Ze geven ons tijdelijke escapes from reality, superromantische love stories die ons hart doen ontploffen (Hazel & Gus, need we say more?), een overdosis inspo en vooral heel veel fun. YA books, we're talking about you!
Om onze liefde voor de boeken te vieren, zochten we de 15 beste, leukste en mooiste YA book quotes voor je uit. Plak ze in een lijstje, hang ze aan de muur en enjoy! 🙂
1. 'We accept the love we think we deserve.'
?Steven Chbosky, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
2. 'It’s a lot easier to be lost than found. It’s the reason we’re always searching and rarely discovered—so many locks not enough keys.'
?Sarah Dessen, Lock and Key
3. 'Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.'
—Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park
4. 'Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.'
—Veronica Roth, Divergent
5. 'Hope? Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.'
—Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone
6. 'Maybe some people are just meant to be in the same story.'
?Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
7. 'You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world…but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.'
?John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
8. 'I try to think about how it all works. At school dances, I sit in the background, and I tap my toe, and I wonder how many couples will dance to ‘their song.’ In the hallways, I see the girls wearing the guys’ jackets, and I think about the idea of property. And I wonder if anyone is really happy. I hope they are. I really hope they are.'
—Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
9. 'And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.'
—John Steinbeck, East of Eden
10. 'On that cold night in January it all slipped into place for me and she became my everything and my everyone. My music, my sun, my words, my logic, my confusion, my flaw.'
—Julie Murphy, Side Effects May Vary
11. 'So I went back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.'
?John Green, Looking For Alaska
12. 'As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.'
? John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
13. 'If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s this: We all want everything to be okay. We don’t even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.'
—David Levithan, Every Day
14. 'You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, if you only dared. And deep down, you know it too, and that’s what scares you the most.'
—Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass
15. 'I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.'
?John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
Cole Sprouse fotografeerde Noah Centineo en Lana Condor en dit is het resultaat
Yup, het is geweldig
Noah Centineo strak in pak in nieuwe film
'The Perfect Date' verschijnt deze zomer op Netflix!
Ambrien (16) pakt intimidatie op straat aan met stoepkrijt
John Green’s boek ‘Turtles All the Way Down’ wordt verfilmd!
En wordt geregisseerd door de jonge Hannah Marks